Sunday, July 31, 2011

Servants Retreat

Hey bloggie~

I'm back from Servants Retreat~!!!! Was really refreshing even though it was just a day and a half or less probably. But it was still really good =). Felt like I was there for few days. We had Aunty Marilyn to come and speak to us. And seriously.. I really CANNOT shake this nagging feeling that I am hearing preaching after preaching which I have already heard from Ps Chew or Ps Daniel back in church. SERIOUSLY~!! Well, maybe they were in different sentences but the verses were thr. The points were can say exact.. Its just so reminding..

Part of me feel like saying "yes yes I know this, I've heard this before", but not sure why today I just felt like questioning myself "Rach, are you sure you really know this..?" . Do I?

Its also kinda freaky and touching at how God sometimes show how real He can really be in our lives. I am not gonna mention the past ones in Melbourne but just in this retreat.

On Friday, the day before leaving for Servant Retreat, we were told what we hope to gain/achieve/do this sem in OCF or just in our own walk with God. I listed 3 things:

1. To be Faith challenged;
2. To memorize memory verses; and
3. To live a prayerful lifestyle.

It just came to mind and I was like ok. Didnt expect during Servants Retreat Saturday and Sunday Aunty Marilyn would emphasize so much on these 3. Well, looks like I'm on the right track?

What further surprise me was that, if looking back in my blog, I cannot deny the fact that when I first came to Melbourne I kept asking God to let me do something. And guide me to use my gifts. Guess what??

God has been giving me challenges~!! Challenges that challenge my faith and trust in Him!! I wont say wat they are yet, and u know wat?? When I was presented with it, I kept telling myself I'm not ready when in fact, I was praying for it!! BLUR MUCH RACH?? Another thing, God had answered my prayer regarding building my talent.. OCF vision since 30 or 32 years ago.. Basically waaaay back dino age ago (Hehe~ Learn from Aunty Marilyn), their vision were like to be apostles.

Here were the visions:
1. Reach Out - Evangelism
2. Build Up - Discipleship
3. Send Back/Home - Apostleship

Getting out of our comfort zone to reach out to the lost, building them in confidence and faith, sending them back to impact their own nations. From this retreat, I really cannot stop singing this song with few others. But this song was what hit me most.




I hope it gives you hope and renewed strength each and every day. For each and every Word you mean this to God, I hope it strengthens your faith in Him.

Agape
Rei ♥♥

No comments: