Friday, June 4, 2010

Common

It really hurts when the people you trust hurts you, but you know.. The bible scripted that "no temptation has seized you except what is COMMON to man". Meaning to say, mostly to myself, why do we get so frustrated over things such as these? Why do we let ourselves be sad and distressed by this as if we are the only ones going through it.

As I read a passage from the bible, I didn't realize how the passage really meant to me. Scriptures wrote in 1 Corinthians 10:13,

"No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.".

Then again in my devotion, Psalms 73:1-20.

" 1Surely God is good to Israel,
to those who are pure in heart.

2 But as for me, my feet had almost slipped;
I had nearly lost my foothold.

3 For I envied the arrogant
when I saw the prosperity of the wicked.

4 They have no struggles;
their bodies are healthy and strong. [a]

5 They are free from the burdens common to man;
they are not plagued by human ills.

6 Therefore pride is their necklace;
they clothe themselves with violence.

7 From their callous hearts comes iniquity [b] ;
the evil conceits of their minds know no limits.

8 They scoff, and speak with malice;
in their arrogance they threaten oppression.

9 Their mouths lay claim to heaven,
and their tongues take possession of the earth.

10 Therefore their people turn to them
and drink up waters in abundance. c]">[c]

11 They say, "How can God know?
Does the Most High have knowledge?"

12 This is what the wicked are like—
always carefree, they increase in wealth.

13 Surely in vain have I kept my heart pure;
in vain have I washed my hands in innocence.

14 All day long I have been plagued;
I have been punished every morning.

15 If I had said, "I will speak thus,"
I would have betrayed your children.

16 When I tried to understand all this,
it was oppressive to me

17 till I entered the sanctuary of God;
then I understood their final destiny.

18 Surely you place them on slippery ground;
you cast them down to ruin.

19 How suddenly are they destroyed,
completely swept away by terrors!

20 As a dream when one awakes,
so when you arise, O Lord,
you will despise them as fantasies."

I probably do get envious when my close friends suddenly grow close to another. Or even when I see people understanding things easier than I do.

Then again, continuing from the passage above, Psalms 73:21-28. This is what hits me most.

" 21 When my heart was grieved
and my spirit embittered,

22 I was senseless and ignorant;
I was a brute beast before you.

23 Yet I am always with you;
you hold me by my right hand.

24 You guide me with your counsel,
and afterward you will take me into glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
And earth has nothing I desire besides you.

26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.

27 Those who are far from you will perish;
you destroy all who are unfaithful to you.

28 But as for me, it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds."

Knowing how bitter my heart can be at times. God still never forsake me. Yet He waits on the doorstep or at the edge of my bed waiting for me to spill or run to Him. He does not expect a lot out of me, He does not expect me to be strong and emotionless to things as these. But He promises to always wait by my side and guide me if I let, and strengthen me if I call.

Just reading this reminded me of where I stand and why did I took that step to accept Jesus as my Lord and Saviour. It sometimes can slip our mind especially at our weakest moment (when we are sad, distress and unhappy). Tht's cause the devil uses those moments to attack. Again I quote from the scriptures where God reminds us again and again that our suffering is not us alone, but is common to man.

" 8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings." ~ 1Peter 5:8-9

So there we go. Not sure what I will do now cause I really dunno what response I should give.. But I guess somehow God will show. Pray, trust and believe ^^.


Loves~

No comments: