Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Journeying from Corinthians to Ecclesiastes

I have been reading Corinthians quite often over and over again. Even though I have not read finish the other books but somehow, just feels like I can learn a lot from Corinthians. Each time getting different views.

But as I was about to finish my last two chapters.. I just felt an urge to go to Ecclesiastes 3, A Time For Everything.. N I just couldn't stop reading. I journeyed on to chapter 4 then to 5. Its like.. It somehow links.. Then a question came to me, could the poor be happy? Media always shows that without money, we would never survive, we would suffer like crazy, we would always be unhappy.. Then again.. Being totally rich.. Does it give as much happiness?? Why is happiness being put with a person's finance?

Another strange thought which ponder on my mind.. Why would I suddenly read the old testament? To be honest, I read many of the new Testament books a couple of times.. Rarely touching the old testament except psalm =P. Just a feeling?

Everybody starts off with nothing. Some are just more fortunate to be able to have a bonus start, which is their parents' money. Even then, their parents had to either start from nothing or had a starting bonus. It goes on and on..

It kinda scares me whenever I think to myself, once I graduate, I have to learn to earn a living myself.. No more can I always turn to my parents.. Would I succeed? Would I fail? Am I ready? Would I be able to be as successful as them or more? All these questions..

Yet.. God asks us to trust Him.. Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all will be added unto you.. This what confuses me.. Trusting to someone I cannot see or touch.. Its so confusing!! Yet at times I must make a decision!!

Own personal thoughts:
You feel tht way is so right!! Yet the path seems like a huge mountain you have to climb to get to the other side!! On the other hand, you see another way.. A tunnel which goes through the mountain, which seems much much MUCH easier but it feels.. not so safe.. Which would you rather risk?

I'm not saying its impossible. Maybe its because I done it so many times? I know the peaceful feeling when u agree to do your best and submit to Him your future. But I have to agree that there are times too, when I still feel uneasiness..

God wouldn't put you thru something you cannot take. Thats all I have to say =)..

Nitez~ Loves~

No comments: