Wednesday, October 7, 2009

New layout!! Dark to Light

Thank you so much to Alex, Steph, Tiffany, Marissa, Daniel Yee, Mae Houng, and anyone if I missed out >.< !! I finally decided to finalize with this. For those tht do not know how my old blog look like, here is a preview:
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. - Genesis 1:3 (NIV)

So now we have this =D:



Lol!! But anyway, why white?? Why light colours?? Why not dark?? Why not black??

(NIV)
There is light in the dark but no dark in the light
God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. - Genesis 1:16



Light = Sight & Guide
By day the LORD went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night - Exodus 13:21

when his lamp shone upon my head and by his light I walked through darkness! - Job 29:3


"No one lights a lamp and hides it in a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he puts it on a stand, so that those who come in can see the light. - Luke 8:16


if you are convinced that you are a guide for the blind, a light for those who are in the dark - Romans 2:19



Light = Assures (The Lord gives you peace)
"But now, for a brief moment, the LORD our God has been gracious in leaving us a remnant and giving us a firm place in his sanctuary, and so our God gives light to our eyes and a little relief in our bondage. - Ezra 9:8


Light = Exposes sin (It is with the Lord)
In the dark, men break into houses, but by day they shut themselves in; they want nothing to do with the light. - Job 24:16

The light of the righteous shines brightly, but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out. - Proverbs 13:9


Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. - John 3:20


to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.' - Acts 26:18


for it is light that makes everything visible. This is why it is said: "Wake up, O sleeper, rise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." - Ephesians 5:14

But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, - Ephesians 5:13

He reveals deep and hidden things; he knows what lies in darkness, and light dwells with him. - Daniel 2:22



Light = Hope (To the broken and lost, it is like life, to continue living)
to turn back his soul from the pit, that the light of life may shine on him. - Job 33:30

In him was life, and that life was the light of men. - John 1:4



Light = Path
Psalms 13:2-4

2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;

4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall
~Here it speaks of a man crying to God to shine a light in his path to guide Him for he is stuck in darkness. If it weren't for God, the devil surely would have conquer him.

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. - Psalm 119:105



Light = God is my strength (What else is there to be afraid besides God??)
The LORD is my light and my salvation— whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life— of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1


Light = Understanding
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple. - Psalm 119:130
~Sometimes secrets or supernatural are out of our knowledge. But You, Lord gives understanding and light. So that we would not be afraid and confuse.



Light = Keeps us in check to walk in righteousness
Proverbs 6:23-24
23 For these commands are a lamp,
this teaching is a light,
and the corrections of discipline
are the way to life,

24 keeping you from the immoral woman,
from the smooth tongue of the wayward wife.

"Listen to me, my people; hear me, my nation: The law will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations. - Isaiah 51:4


Light = Why do we say God is "light"??
I saw that from what appeared to be his waist up he looked like glowing metal, as if full of fire, and that from there down he looked like fire; and brilliant light surrounded him. - Ezekiel 1:27

There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. - Matthew 17:2

giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. - Colossians 1:12

The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. - Revelation 21:23



Light = Important!!
And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. - 2 Corinthians 11:14
~Light is so important that even satan is trying to pretend to us that he is one of the "good-guys". LOL!!


When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

No comments: